Take A Friend On The Quarter Mile!
Santa Pod turned the track day market on its head, by being the first venue in the UK to allow guests to drive under fully timed race conditions – with a passenger!
Any enthusiast enjoying a day’s full-tilt driving can take a passenger alongside them, for only a £10 sign-on fee!
Passengers will need to sign on in the same manner as drivers and once presented with their wristband they are free to ride shotgun with anybody on the start line that would like them onboard. Any road legal car is eligible but understandably bikers and anyone running faster than 130mph will have to travel solo!
This new dimension to RWYB allows newcomers to the sport to discover the thrill of the quarter mile, makes for a more enjoyable day for groups of friends attending and also allows tuners or commercial organisations to come along and showcase their wares to prospective customers.
Although each run is limited to one passenger per car, there is no limit to the amount of guests accompanying each car, so if you’re looking to sell, to impress, to entertain – or even for a first date with a difference, why not try RWYB for two?
Passengers must be over 17 years of age (photo ID required).
Passengers Rules & Regulations
- Passengers must be 17 years of age and over (photo ID required).
- A maximum of one passenger at a time in the front seat only.
- Passenger rides are only permitted to vehicles travelling less than 130mph at the finish line.
- Any Safety rules and regulations enforced on the driver are also enforced on the passenger.
- Any safety equipment must be fit for purpose and of an equal level to the driver.
- Keep all body parts (hands, arms, legs, long hair, etc.) within the passenger seat at all times.
- Keep your seatbelt on until the car comes to a full and complete stop and you are told that it is safe to get out.
- If the car stops for any reason, stay seated and await guidance from the driver or marshals. If for any reason you have to leave the car in an emergency look out for the other race vehicle and support vehicles that maybe approaching.
- Anyone participating must be of a suitable stature to ensure that all of the safety systems work effectively, this includes safety equipment, seat size and seat belts.